That’s a dynamic detailed in a new study, PhoCusWright’s Eastern Europe Spotlight: Russia’s Online Market Springs to Life. “While OTAs once commanded nearly six in 10 online transactions in the Russian market, just 47% of online bookings will be made through OTAs in 2014,” the report states. “And the gap between OTA and supplier website bookings is expected to widen over the next several years as suppliers continue to leverage consumer trust and improve their user interfaces.” Their respective positions will come nearly full circle by 2016, the report states, as supplier sites are projected to garner 58% of online bookings while online travel agencies will pick up the remaining 42%. The report notes that consumers in Russia still value price, but trust is increasingly becoming a decisive factor in travel planning and booking. Get the full story at Skift