The companies will put in a total of $2.5 million to launch the joint venture. Skyscanner will hold a 51% stake and Yahoo Japan will own the remaining 49%. Skyscanner will provide its technology to power flight search results. Yahoo Japan will promote the travel search engine to its huge web audience in the country, accounting for 60 billion monthly page views across its search engine and digital media sites. The joint venture will run independently but both sides will second executives to Tokyo to start the business. A chief executive has yet to be appointed, the Financial Times reported. Get the full story at Travolution