Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH), which now boasts over 400 hotels in 65 countries after adding 70 properties to its 2007 portfolio, is celebrating an excellent 2006 while responsibly looking ahead to future growth and improvement. The luxury brand that prides itself on delivering guests an infinite variety of memorable and unique experiences finished 2006 with a 25% increase over 2005 in reservations revenue which totaled nearly USD$90 million for the year.


Paul Kerr, Joint Managing Director for SLH commented, "Our mission to find the very best hotels around the world that will deliver unique experiences to a very discerning group of guests is working quite well as the numbers indicate. We adapt and grow each year to surprise and delight our guests and I'm pleased too say, it's working."

It seems as if 2006 was a year comprised of all around increases for SLH as total reservations not only surged by 16% but the Average Daily Rate increased by nearly 10% raising the brand-wide average rate to USD$339 per night. Although SLH's portfolio has increased in size by roughly 2000 rooms, it is important to note that the brand-wide RevPar has increased 15% indicating a solid increase in bookings and room rates.

As predicted in years past, bookings made through the Internet are on the rise as nearly 20% of all SLH reservations for 2006 were made via the brand's award-winning website while 5% came through other online channels such as Travelocity and Expedia making a total of 25% Internet driven bookings. Significantly helping drive reservations through slh.com is the success of the brand's web-based Consumer Recognition Program aptly named "The Club" which with 40,000 registered members delivered 28% of all slh.com bookings in 2006 at an average rate of nearly $360 per night.

With the rise of Internet bookings, reservations made through travel agents declined slightly to 66% of the total, though still remaining the number one avenue for SLH bookings. SLH's "cash rich and time poor" clientele rely on the expertise and convenience of luxury travel specialists to direct them to the best hotels and destinations. Luxury travel counselors have come to trust and rely on SLH through the years and are happy to book any hotel stamped with the brand's seal of approval.

While London and Paris continue to dominate as destinations that deliver the highest revenue, hotels in Germany, Italy (specifically Florence and Venice), Ireland and Thailand showed significant improvement over the previous year. With a weakening dollar and increased travel closer to home for Americans, the USA was the number 1 destination in 2006 with the UK and France following respectively.